Oh, Sunday mornings. This one was a doozy, I tell you!
- Cecilia saw that John Paul was going to wear his "salmon" pants to Mass, and freaked out because SHE wanted to wear HER pink pants! We discussed ad nauseam the fact that girls don't wear pants to Mass (in our house), and she finally decided that she would wear her Easter dress. And Minnie Mouse socks. And sandals. Oh, whatever.
- John Paul found blocks that are shaped like the 10 commandments, colored on them to make them more realistic (yes, there are 11 lines...), and freaked out searching for glue because he so desperately wanted them to be glued together
- Then John Paul had to freak out at Mass because he didn't WANT it to be Divine Mercy Sunday, HE wanted it to be "Cold" Sunday. Whatever that means. Fine, it's Cold Sunday.
- Then Cecilia had to freak out because she wanted to be called "Ratatouille" instead of Cecilia. Fine.
- Mary Claire puked all over the floor and the pew in front of us (thankfully she didn't hit the woman in front of us. I sometimes want to have a sign that says, "If you're coming into Mass late, SIT NEAR ANYONE BUT US, WE WILL RUIN YOUR MASS!!!" but I feel like our "sign" is the presence of 4 children under the age of 4. And yet the 50 empty pews in the rest of the church are not as enticing as the spot right in front of us...).
- Then Cecilia had to loudly proclaim, "She puked on WHERE? She puked on da floor! On WHAT floor? On da CHURCH floor!!!"
- And then she had to nibble on Mary Claire's fingers and tell everyone loudly, "I'm eatin' da baby! I had a baby for bweakfast!!!" and start singing, "MOM HAD A BABY FOR BWEAKFAST!"
|Pink hat photobomb!|
- Then John Paul talked most of the Mass about how he wanted to go to confession. Except he's 3, so... No.
But Elizabeth was good, so that's something?
Needless to say, the big kids are watching a movie downstairs so that I'm not tempted to defenestrate either of them.
|This would have been a good one if it weren't so out of focus!|
Ok, self-timer fail this week.
Shoes: ? I think some old lady outlet store...
Pedicure: 1.5 years overdue
Baby: Mary Claire
Elizabeth: Getting dressed, as usual
John Paul's faux-hawk: Kid who sleeps with his hand in his hair
Every shade of pink possible, sandals on the wrong feet, SO styling!
Too-big pants that even a belt wouldn't hold up... And then I remembered his suspenders from last week! Perfect!
There you go, they may have been the most poorly-behaved kids at Mass, but at least we all looked cute? Sigh...
Visit the other well-dressed ladies at FL&P!