7 Quick Takes - Anniversary Edition

Friday, June 28, 2013

--1--



Happy 5th Anniversary to my awesome husband!  5 years, 4 kids, not too shabby!

What's the 5-year gift?  If it's Costco Tiramisu, I think we've got it covered...

And to bring things full circle, it hailed this afternoon, just as it hailed on our wedding day!  

--2--

This was my first full (well, not really full!) week of staying at home with the kids.  It actually went pretty well!  I had time to bake rolls from scratch, do tons of laundry, wash tons of dishes, water tons of plants, push tons of kids on swings, nurse tons of babies...  I have a feeling this is pretty much what our entire summer is going to be!

 

--3--

Beans grow SO fast!!!  We planted them last Thursday, they sprouted on Monday, and here they are on Wednesday and Thursday (today they're even bigger but I didn't take a picture):


But there are already bugs eating the leaves.  Grr...  Gotta figure out some sort of natural deterrent.  Suggestions?

--4--

Okay, so it wasn't really a full week by myself - Andrew took today off and we went blueberry picking in the morning.  Then I learned that it's seriously dangerous to hold the blueberries on the 45 minute drive home, because of the two quarts we picked, Andrew and I (mostly me) polished off almost an entire quart...

Whoops?  They were pretty delicious, though.  I think we'll have to go back and pick again next weekend!

--5--

 Elizabeth has forward progress TOTALLY down, so no toy is safe now.  Current favorite?  The xylophone mallet.

--6--


Mary Claire still hasn't figure it out, though...  So she has to keep getting rescued from under the couch.

  Luckily, she's got an awesome double chin that her sister lacks.

--7--

John Paul is doing the summer reading program at Barnes & Noble - we're up to 5 books that he's read himself (of 8) and it's really only a matter of writing them down and making sure he reads in a loud, clear voice.  Last summer when I tested him he was reading at a 4th grade level, so I'll have to test him sometime this summer...


If you haven't already donated for Dwija's laundry room/bar makeover, do it now!  Seriously, you'll be amazed by the generosity of the Catholic internet community!

Go check out more punctual quick takers at Jen's!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy. Not too shabby indeed!

    Happy Anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same anniversary--both five years today!! How crazy!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Maybe some twin-inducing hormones were in the water that day ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary! Dwija's birthday, my John Paul's birthday, my sister's birthday, too! What a good day! Oh, for the beans. Neem oil is supposed to work. We got some at Lowe's, I think. You dilute it and spray it on but you're supposed to reapply after rain so there's that. We keep forgetting to do it and the cucumber beetles are once again destroying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for the tip! I'll have to send Andrew out in search of some - it's so sad to see all those leaves getting eaten away!

      Delete
  4. John Paul has to read books out loud for them to count? And I'm sure he gets something awesome when he finishes the program. He will be so happy and excited to be tested again for reading!!! It just goes to show that there are so many ages and each child can be many of them at once: chronological age, emotional age, physical age, social age . . .

    Good luck with crawling babies! Mary Claire is always more laid-back, isn't she? So she's probably okay with not knowing how to crawl forward yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! You are such an adorable couple!!

    Hooray for beans!

    And, I'm afraid that my husband and I have been quite guilty of a few (eating all the blueberries/strawberries/sugar snap peas) on the way home episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were good with the strawberries because we left them in the back of the car... But the blueberries are like candy, you just eat one at a time and suddenly they're almost all gone!

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! That picture of you is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelie has the forward movement down too...which means I can't put her on the floor and look away for more than like 10 seconds. And we have to baby proof! Already! We did the same thing on our drive home from blueberry picking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And happy anniversary! My brain is mush! I keep forgetting to leave the comments I set out to leave today!!!

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary Rosie!
    I think we may be wedding dress twins because your dress looks an awful lot like mine! I was looking at it thinking, "Wow that's a pretty dress-hey that looks pretty much exactly like mine!" No wonder I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! I think tiramisu is a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!
    Glad your garden is growing well and so is being on summer vacation (sorta, kinda).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Gosh you guys were (are) a gorgeous couple! Incredible first five years, can't wait to read about the next five.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is a few days late, but Happy Anniversary!! I hope you guys had a good one!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan