Links I Like

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Need a time waster?  No?  Well, here are a bunch of awesome links anyway :P

This brilliant post by Elizabeth Scalia on how Pope Francis is using the press really made my day!  And in relation to that, I'm sure you already read Jenny's blog, but she hits the nail on the head with her explanation of Pope Francis' recent statement on homosexuality.  Nothing has changed, folks - we've always been called to love!

Rabia shared this link with me, which echoes my absolute hatred for word verification on blog comments and other stupid computer things...  Captcha, I *STILL* Wanna Punch Ya!  Okay, I totally understand the need sometimes, but when I have to try 6 times to comment?  Honestly, sometimes I just give up...

This made me tear up, and when I'm not pregnant I pretty much have a heart of stone:  24 Grooms Seeing Their Brides for the First Time

I love this post of "How To Evangelize" - "It’s not yelling at people when they’re wrong. It’s not snorting derisively or calling them out in public. It’s not ever trying to be right but trying to seek truth. Truth and goodness and beauty–not smug correction or broken relationships."  And as a bonus, my sister wrote it!

This made me tear up, too - a college student cancels her planned abortion - read Raquel's story.


If you're a teacher you'll love this inservice post - I especially like the parts where they have us "share" and we spend the time talking about where we'll go to lunch!

And if you're familiar with the music of Marty Haugen, I'm sorry.  Here's a pretty hilarious post on 10 steps to Marty Haugen Song Writing  - I especially like the end, "Play your song on a Church organ, preferably in your Diocesan Cathedral. If it sounds good played on the organ then you need to start over. If this happens you might want to spend more time listening to Rainbow Connection before beginning the writing process."

9 comments:

  1. Ha! That Haugen post is so bad but so funny! John Paul somehow remembers songs from church even if they're only played once or twice and figures out how to play them on the piano. The other day he started All are Welcome and the husband and I look at each other and were like, "NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO! That's one of my number one signs that I'm not going to like a church... Thankfully our parish uses the St. Michael hymnal, so there's no chance of a slip up!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for giving our post a shout-out! Glad you enjoyed it! :) Down with CAPTCHA!-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I have to say that I loooooove spirituals and am fine with them played in church. Even hymns that mimic spirituals but were written by non-anonymous people. I love those, too. So I am not absolutely against hymns written after, say, 1970.

    But if I never again have to sing Be Not Afraid or On Eagle's Wings or (my unfavorite) Lord, When You Came (to the Seashore), it will be too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am certainly not going to look at the groom pictures. I just did my makeup for a BBQ tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haugen- reason number 1,098,726 that I love the Latin Mass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Been lurking for a while but thought I should own up to being married to the author of the Hilarious Haugen post. He wrote it after a particularly bad musical experience at Mass and says it was one of his most popular ever. We do prefer to sing our theology. Obviously there's universal sentiment, given that we live on the other side of the planet. Loving your blog, Rosie. We also have four kids, with girl-girl twins in the middle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! My husband and I got quite a laugh out of it :) I can understand why it's so popular!

      Delete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan