7 Quick Takes - Snow Day!

Friday, February 14, 2014

--1--

I could be all hipster and wish you a happy feast of Sts. Cyril and Methodius...


And to tell you the truth, I don't particularly care about Valentine's Day (or have a particular devotion to St. Valentine), but I do love the candy sales afterwards.  And this year it's not during Lent.

But I have to share with you this one John Paul quote from a couple of years ago - do you read those Maisy books where she has a friend named Cyril the squirrel?  Aaaanyway, we were reading a lift-the-flap book when he was about 2, and he lifted one flap and said, "Hewwo, Cyril!" and lifted the next flap (which was Tallulah) and said, "Hewwo, Methodius!"

Aaaand that's when we knew that he was just a liiiiiittle bit of a Catholic nerd...

--2--

This:

(Edit:  "Roses are red, Violets are blue, I was beaten with clubs, beheaded, buried under the cover of darkness, disinterred by my followers, and you commemorate my martyrdom by sending each other chocolates." Turns out the wildly popular meme (not of my own making) is the wrong St. Valentine and I was asked to remove it - see comment below.)



You just can't beat a valentine like that.

--3--

How to keep kids occupied while you cook:


Put the 3-year-old in charge of drying and sorting silverware ("Mom, all da little forks are missing!" "That's because you put them with the big forks...")


And get the 4-year-old to celebrate Mass - always buys at least 20 minutes (I don't know what that vacant stare is...)!

--4--

We actually had a pretty big snow yesterday - looked like maybe 10 inches at our house?  I convinced John Paul that it meant he could do "Snow Olympics" outside, and he had a blast climbing the mountains of snow Andrew made from shoveling and tramping around in the yard, clearing snow off the swing set:


Poor Cecilia was in over her head at first because it was too deep for her!  But it was pretty dense snow, so once a bunch of piles were made, she went out to "help" Andrew shovel, and spent a long time climbing snow mountains.  She and John Paul told me they were climbing Mount Sinai...


--5--

They're REALLY into Egypt and Moses lately because we just watched Prince of Egypt.  Not totally accurate, I know, but it got them SO interested in the story and Cecilia in particular talks about it aaaaaaall the time.  Mostly about the babies dying...  Little bit awkward?  Yeah...

--6--


Mary Claire figured out how to pull the chairs away from the playroom table so that she can use them to climb up on the table.  Elizabeth follows close behind.  Awesome.  Not.

--7--

We made Snow Cream for the last snow storm.  I'm not real eager to make it again - it was good buuuut I saw snow margaritas on facebook, so obviously I had to make those this time around!


See?  Definitely more satisfying than snow cream!

Happy Friday!  Check out more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan