Answer Me This: First Car, Dead Possum, and What I Wore

Monday, May 19, 2014


Haley's hosting Answer Me This because Kendra's gallivanting around Europe.  Not jealous.  Nope.    

But I wanted to tell you the story of a really gross thing in our yard soooooo I figured I'd answer all the questions!

1. What's the scariest thing that's ever been in your yard?

Oh man.  So last summer we had a priest friend and a deacon friend over for dinner.  And after dinner we were in the back yard and the kids were playing and one of them found some sort of animal...  And it turned out to be...

(this is gross, you may want to scroll down) 

...a dead possum.  But then Andrew picked it up with a shovel and it had no bones or insides at all, and it was just a possum carcass that some animal had brought to our yard and left there for maggots to feast on.

I told you to scroll down.  Scary.  Gross.  Yuck.

And perfect for company, right?  Luckily they seemed unfazed.  

2. Beards. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Well, mostly thumbs up, but for selfish reasons...  It takes Andrew a LOT less time to get ready in the mornings now that he doesn't have to shave!  

It tickles my nose sometimes, but I can get over that.  

3. If stuff breaks, can you fix it?

Depends on the stuff?  I'm a pro with hemming tape, and I can sew a button on and mend basic tears.  But like, fix a computer?  Um, no.

4. What was your first car?

My dad totaled the car I should have had, an old Ford Explorer (he fell asleep in the parking lot and crashed into a cement planter?), so somehow I convinced my parents that a Mustang was both budget-friendly and safe.  Yes, I did the research and convinced my SUPER-frugal mom.  We bought it used.  And I was pretty hot stuff until I scraped it on a cement barrier in a parking garage a few weeks after I got it.

What can I say, we have serious driving skills in my family?  Luckily I didn't total it, and my little brother still drives it to this day.

5. How often do you eat out?

Like, actually go out to a restaurant?  Almost never.  Twins.

Photo: Pretty sure this is the first time we've ever been to a sit-down restaurant since before the twins were born...
#neveragain

This was the first time we've ever been to a restaurant with all four kids.  It was IHOP.  It did not go well.

But we've been getting carry-out or delivery more often than I'd like, because pregnant.  Also, I love me a bacon egg & cheese bagel from McDonald's, so I probably get one once a week ($3.38 for 3 sources of protein in one delicious meal!).  Too much.  Soon we'll be back to almost never...

6. Why is your hair like that?

Because I haven't gotten it cut since before the twins were born...  I cut layers myself in January, which helped a ton with volume.  But I donate to Locks of Love every few years, then pretty much don't cut my hair forever and ever, and eventually get so sick of it that I get it chopped off again.  I cut my bangs myself, since nobody ever does it right, so why pay them to do something I can do myself?


I'm due for a chop soon.  This is getting ridiculous.

(Almost) 15 weeks, full belly, actual maternity clothes, tummy muscles have surrendered.

And nooooooow...  Here's what I wore Sunday!


Full, belly-hiding skirt?  Check!

I tried sitting in the balcony with the kids for the first time in ages.  Then I remembered that the balcony is really hot, and was miserable.  And John Paul kept begging to go in the front, because there were signs that said "No children under the age of 10 in front row" so of course he had to argue.  But he didn't loudly lie to the priest about being old enough to receive communion, so that's something?


Peek-a-boo!  There's the belly!

Also, do you like our baby-proofing system for the fireplace? Cram it full of toys!  Yeah, gonna need to come up with a better solution...


Blouse (which needs to be tucked better... whoops!): Ann Taylor via Twice
Shoes: DSW

Linking up with Fine Linen & Purple - might as well hit two link-ups in one post, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan