John Paul, Age 6

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Let's just pretend I gushed marvelously about the fact that I now have a 6-year-old, and look at all these wonderful things I've learned from the child who made me a mother!

There we go.

John Paul is 6. He's been anticipating this date for approximately 364 days. Particularly because we gave a friend a set of snap circuits (BEST EVER) as a birthday present in February and John Paul hasn't stopped talking about how HE would be getting a set when HE turned 6 since then.

Me: Hi John Paul! How does it feel to be 6 years old?
JP: Oh, grrrreat!
Me: What's the best thing about being 6?
JP: That I get to play chess!

Andrew's mom got him this chess game which is AMAZING because the girls can play it with him since the cards tell you what to do, and he has the rules memorized so he can tell them if their moves work or not.

I think one of my favorite things about John Paul is just how much he absolutely adores babies. ALL babies. Especially our own, but everybody else has awesome babies too, in his eyes!

Never mind the mouth full of food...
He was like this with Cecilia and the twins, and his love for Peter hasn't faded! It will, I'm sure, once Peter's walking and talking and stealing all his things. But for now? Best friends!

8 AM: Snap Circuits.

6 PM: Snap Circuits.


John Paul had his absolutely best day ever today. He got his coveted snap circuits & played with them for HOURS. He got his favorite foods for breakfast and lunch (even though I had to force-feed him his breakfast because SNAP CIRCUITS).

Mad scientist funny face pancakes.
And THEN. Andrew came home early from work and took him to the park. He rode the carousel! He got shaved ice (GREEN, his favorite color, and the reason he has green lips in those pictures)! He got to go paddleboating with Dad. He got to go to the farmer's market and order his OWN special JUICE from the JUICE STAND!!! 

Kiwi-kale, which he chose because it was green. Mary Claire liked it, too. Cecilia thought it was gross and Elizabeth almost cried after she took a sip, waiting for me to bring something for her to spit it into... Meanwhile, Cecilia sobbed when she found out he got to go somewhere and not take her, until I bribed her with a princess movie because I'm a pushover.

And THEN, since the twins both slept during nap, we went out for dinner to the only place (aside from Chick Fil A) that I can really justify us going as a family, the pizza buffet! And he got to play an arcade game!!! And then we came home for ice cream cake!!!

It was amazing. Highlight of his life, I'm pretty sure. And now, if you're still reading for some reason, John Paul's 6-year-old survey answers:
1. What is your favorite color?  Green.
2. What is your favorite toy?  My secret agent cows journal (acquired yesterday at Chick Fil A, but we did the survey before he got his snap circuits so I'm preeeetty sure that's the new answer).
3. What is your favorite fruit?  Banana, because we can make banana chips out of them.
4. What is your favorite television show? Wild Kratts and The Magic School Bus.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
6. What is your favorite outfit? My Patriot shirt (a red white & blue polo shirt) and my red white & blue shorts (plaid mixed with stripes. Fab.).
7. What is your favorite game? Chess.
8. What is your favorite snack? Raisins, craisins, banana chips, prunes. 
9. What is your favorite animal? Oh, probably the elephant. Why? Because it has a trunk and big ears.
10. What is your favorite song? Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above
11. What is your favorite book? My research books, including the United States Atlas.
12. Who is your best friend? *giggle* David!
13. What is your favorite cereal? *singing* Honey Unches of Boats Boats Boats (Honey Bunches of Oats. REALLY funny family joke.)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play on the swings.
15. What is your favorite drink? Blueberry lemonade.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Ooh, Christmas! Why? 'Cuz I get to have presents. Any other reasons? NOPE. (#parentingfail)
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? A book.
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pear, Honey Unches of Boats, banana...
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup! (That was the plan, but he was okay with going out!)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Be a teacher. What kind of teacher? A music teacher!

Anything else you'd like to say? Well, I just love playing with my journal and reading my chess book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan