My Sunday Best, Vol. 21: Colonial-Style?

Sunday, September 18, 2016


Okay no, this isn't what the twins wore to Mass this week... But I'm sorting through vacation pictures and this one was too cute and appropriate not to share!


Speaking of vacation, we got back last night! It's nice to be home, but dealing with the vacation withdrawal is going to be an ordeal, I can tell... More for Andrew and me than the kids, because really it was so nice having a break from the outdoor chores! 

I'm going to inundate you with pictures throughout the week, but for now... Our last sunrise there:


As a truly rude post-vacation awakening, this week was Andrew's first week back to regular rehearsals at his music director job, so my nice long break from dealing with Peter during Mass was over. Back to the chapel/cry room we went, and while the beginning wasn't *too* trying, by the end? Well, we didn't even make it to the final blessing.

I just don't understand why everyone else's toddlers are squirmy but quiet and mine is squirmy and also incredibly loud. Why do all mine always have to TALK so much??? At one point, Peter bit Cecilia's shoe and thought that was SO funny. "Eat Cee-dah shoe!" he said. Then he moved on to biting the pew, "Eat MASS! Eat MASS!!!"

Ugh. No. 

But as long as he was just being noisy, it wasn't a big deal. However, when he ran to the front of the church and started knocking (unlit) candles off the rack (he couldn't reach it last time we were in the chapel so I wasn't on guard), it was time to retreat to the back. 

Which meant he had to scream about wanting to sit on the steps where THAT boy was sitting. And wanting a book from the "scawwy man" who then gave him a book, but that only occupied him for a few minutes. And he wanted Holy Water. And MORE water. AND WATER!!!!! And he wanted to go back to the pew. But then the boys behind us had the audacity to kneel and pray and that's POO-DOO's pew!!! 

We went outside and sat out there trying to pray after Communion for an extraordinarily long time - apparently there were many, many announcements this week. So I guess we chose our retreat wisely?

Needless to say, I'm waking up early to go to the 7 AM Mass next week. And probably for the foreseeable future, because ouch.


Anyway, here's what I wore. Oldie, okay-ie, somehow only 31 weeks pregnant even though I could have *sworn* I've been stuck at 30 weeks for like, 3 weeks now... I don't even know. And the blurriness? John Paul kept messing with camera settings. But you've seen this dress on me many, many times before. I don't think you mind!



Your turn!

Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!

Just a few ground rules before you link up:

1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.

2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).

3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)

4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.

5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan