Happy Sunday! And I guess Happy Superbowl if you care but... I don't.
Well, actually I suppose I'm "rooting" for the Patriots solely out of concern for my husband. I was a die-hard Colts fan when we started dating, but gradually it got too depressing to follow sports teams that kept losing in the playoffs (I was a Braves fan, too - it was bad.). So I gave up following sports and am a much happier person! However, this means I've ceded all sports loyalties to my husband, which means...
So Andrew dressed Peter in a little Tom Brady (vomit) jersey (because Peter wasn't going to Mass) and dressed Mary Claire in red, white, and blue. This is the sacrifice that is gonna get me to heaven, y'all.
(This is where all my readers who are Pats fans leave me, I'm sure... Sorry I offended you, but Tom Brady is the worst. I promise never to talk about sports again.)
Affiliate links below - thanks for your support!
Shirt: J. Crew Factory
Hair: In need of a drastic cut...
I had John Paul, Cecilia, Elizabeth, and Edith at Mass. Elizabeth has been terrible at Mass lately, and Cecilia hasn't been great either. I don't know what is going on. So today Elizabeth's issue was that she wanted to sit next to Cecilia but Cecilia didn't want to sit next to her, and then Elizabeth wanted to take off her shoes and put them on and take them off and silently scream because she COULDN'T PUT THEM BACK ON, and then she wanted to lie on the windowsill in front of the stained glass windows and then she wanted to kiss Cecilia and then she lost her treat and THAT wasn't okay...
I've never felt so grateful to reach the "Deo Gratias" part of Mass. At least Edith was perfect and wonderful? And then the organ started playing the closing hymn (Faith of our Fathers, John Paul would like you to know) and went silent *right* as I loudly said, "PUT YOUR BOOTS ON" so... Yeah. One of those days. As usual? I'm thinking the seminarians behind us were feeling pretty good about their vocations right then ;)
Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!
Just a few ground rules before you link up:
1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.
2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).
3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)
4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.
5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!