We're finally out of our stretch of gloriously warm February temperatures, but we took advantage of them while we could!
A playdate at the winery on Friday afternoon...
A trip downtown to the Natural History Museum, Shrine (twin rosary mystery ftw!), and the JP II Shrine.
Today's just a nice low-key day - the kids are upset that it's cold again, but really... It's February! This is normal!
We got back from Mass and my mom and Elizabeth had apparently just woken up from a nap together. Sweetest? Yup.
I managed to snag a couple of LulaRoe Nicole dresses on sale last week, so I wore one to Mass today - such a forgiving cut!!
Since we go to the EF Mass, the readings are different - everyone else had the "don't be anxious about your clothes" gospel, but not us! It's a good one though, and one I see quoted when strangers talk about linkups like this being shallow. And by all means, if trying to dress nicely does nothing but cause anxiety for you, this is probably not something you want to participate in!
On the other hand, might that anxiety be a good reason to reach out to a friend and ask for help? Maybe you know someone who's awesome at thrifting, or who manages to look put together no matter what - don't be afraid to reach out! I, for one, LOVE helping people find clothes that will help them feel good about how they look, and avoid anxiety about what they're wearing. Believe me, I've gone through the "sweatpants every day" phase, and it was not pretty.
That's why I'm thankful for this uplifting community of ladies who link up on Instagram & their blogs - they give me great ideas to help me put forth a little more effort to dress my best on Sundays, even when I'm just going to get spat up on!
Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!
Just a few ground rules before you link up:
1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.
2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).
3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)
4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.
5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!