10/52/2018: Who Needs Toys When You've Got Firewood?

Thursday, March 15, 2018



We've been using the wood stove a lot more this winter, owing in part to rising energy costs, insufficient electric heat, and just the general pleasant smell & warmth that a wood stove supplies. The other day the little kids were VERY eager to bring in some firewood themselves. Mary Claire, Elizabeth, and Peter each brought in a few sticks, then set them all upright and decided that rather than actually burn them, they would use them as seats, stools, tables, and book stands.

Really, I'm not sure who would see those and think, "My, what a comfortable seat!" But apparently the draw is significant, because Edith came toddling over with Grandma, wanting to join the fun. Her idea of fun, though, was knocking things over and snatching the play food. Such is the life of a toddler, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan