38/52: Face Painting

Monday, September 24, 2018




I was high fiving myself this week as I gave the kids their watercolor pencils and suggested they draw some things and then use q-tips dipped in water to paint. Mess-free! So easy! No paint everywhere!

Ha.

Never lacking in creativity, they took the pencils outdoors, colored on bricks, and used the pigments to paint each others faces. This activity has been going on nearly every day for the past week. It is, in fact, NOT the completely mess-free endeavor that I originally assumed it would be. Let that be a lesson to me: any activity, no matter how neat, has a capacity for complete and utter mess when the materials end up in the right hands.

All in all, though, I really do NOT mind, considering just how many hours the kids have spent outside on this activity. MANY hours. And the mess is mostly confined to their bodies, so... I guess I can call it a win?

4 comments:

  1. I only buy washable art supplies now!! i am daily scrubbing my 2.5 year old son,because he has given himself enough body art to put any big beefy biker to shame!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, they found a sharpie the other day, so this is MUCH BETTER!!!

      Delete
  2. Rosie, I have a question about a NFP post you made a while back. Its non-confrontational, I promise! Is there a way to contact you privately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Either Facebook message or email works - rosiehill425 at gmail dot com :)

      Delete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan