17/52: Lake Vacation!

Friday, May 7, 2021

I don't think we have *ever* gone on two vacations in a single school year, but we hadn't seen Andrew's grandpa in Alabama since Peter was a baby, and with the newest addition on the way travel isn't going to be happening in the fall... So we had a little spring getaway!

We stayed at a house on a lake, and it was just perfect for the kids - absolutely nobody around (Andrew's and my very favorite vacation goal), calm waters, enough sand to keep everyone entertained, beautiful weather, kayaking and boating for everyone interested... And lots of time for me to lie around and recover from the long car ride (NOT something my body is happy about, let me tell you). We're finally mostly unpacked but I'm still finding sand socked away in random locations throughout the house, which is... not my favorite, but to be expected!

Now we're back to regular life, and while I don't love that we took a random week off of school and are ending later than planned, I know we can power through and then have a nice long break! Let's see if I actually make it to the end of the month before throwing in the towel... The girls might end up finishing earlier than John Paul, since they're ahead in most of their readings.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was heaven on earth. Glad you got to do it before baby #8 arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was heaven on earth. Glad you got to do it before baby #8 arrives.

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan