Introducing....

Friday, March 3, 2023

 


Oh hey, we had another baby—a boy!

James Francis Edward made his debut on the first Friday in Lent (February 24) and took Peter's title as "biggest baby" away.



He's working hard to nurse non-stop to maintain his robust physique—at 9 pounds even, he beat Peter by a solid half pound, and frankly I understand why he had to time his arrival to be four days late, 9 pounds *is* a nice round number.

(Now I wouldn't have minded a slightly smaller head, or at least no nuchal hand to make things trickier, but he's here and once again the tiny baby hats people have given us over the years stand no chance on a 15" head.)







Frankly I kind of forgot about this blog, but perhaps I'll have a chance to update on some other life things now that I'm stuck nursing so much of the time. Or...maybe with the next milestone, at least?

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were even pregnant (darn getting off social media!!) Congratulations on James arrival and you are a rockstar, Rosie. I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never actually told social media either until after he arrived, you didn't miss much ;)

      Delete
  2. Rosie,we are so happy for you all.He's a cutie.I miss reading your blogs,but everyone is busy with responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's hard to take time to blog when there's so much else to do!

      Delete
  3. How Wonderful! What beautiful boy! I'm glad he's eating well- those squishable cheeks need to stay plump!
    And Congratulations to you for delivering a 9 pounder. You deserve a gold star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's already got a double chin and everything!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, he's beautiful! What a blessing! I can't help but think how your oldest two are old enough to help now too (my oldest was 6 when I last had my 4th baby). I love following along on your twitter when it's not locked (I don't actually have a Twitter account though lol). It's just great to see a happy family despite life's challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a big difference having kids old enough to actually be helpful!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! He's so cute!!! I love that baby #9 is 9 lbs! I do hope you'll write more on the blog as time allows - I miss reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I hadn't even thought of that numerical connection!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Rosie! James is just precious!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan