Happy Epiphany (sort of?)! We actually celebrated on Friday and went to an EF Mass so we got the Epiphany readings on actual Epiphany, so we kind of get double Epiphany?
How cold is it?
Well, the downstairs bathroom toilet won't flush because the pipes are frozen. Luckily Andrew had the foresight to keep the water in the kitchen running a trickle all night, so those pipes are fine!
Old houses, y'all. Not for the weak.
I know you're appreciating our carefully-curated bookshelf more than our outfits, but here's the info if you want it! Affiliate links included - I appreciate your support!
Elizabeth was actually one of the kids who didn't come to Mass with me! I took everybody but her and Peter and was thinking to myself, "Man, 5 years ago I would have been terrified to take 4 kids to Mass by myself! I never even took them to Mass on my own when I only had 2!"
Then I remembered that when I "only" had two kids, one of them was a toddler. Toddlers are not for the faint of heart. I'd rather take all 4 big kids + Edith to Mass than take just Peter and Edith!
Anyway, most of Mass everyone was very good. Until Communion, when for some reason John Paul needed to pretend to swing from pew to pew while in line? And Mary Claire got VERY ANGRY that there were people going to Communion before us. Because they were sitting in the pews in front of us. This is not new.
Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!
Just a few ground rules before you link up:
1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.
2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).
3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)
4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.
5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!