Cecilia, Age 9

Tuesday, January 28, 2020



Photos by Rachel Cupps Photography

1. What is your favorite color? I like most colors.
2. What is your favorite toy? I don't know... I like the big disc swing outside.
3. What is your favorite fruit? I like grapefruit.
4. What is your favorite television show? Star Wars. Maybe Clone Wars? 
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? I like Chex Mix, apples, and cheese.
6. What is your favorite outfit? I like pants and puffy shirts.
7. What is your favorite game? I don't know.
8. What is your favorite snack?  I like Chex Mix.
9. What is your favorite animal? I don't know. Armadillo.
10. What is your favorite song? I dunno.
11. What is your favorite book? I like a lot of books, I don't really have a favorite. 
12. Who is your best friend? Uhhhh I have several. 
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios.
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Mmmm... I really like going down to the Big Gap and exploring there and making fairy houses because I haven't even found all the things that the bulldozer dug up yet!!
15. What is your favorite drink? Ummmm I think maybe lemonade.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Either Christmas or my birthday.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Footbear.
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Sourdough toast with butter because that's what I eat for breakfast most of the time.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pesto pasta!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Ummm... I don't know.










Among her other gifts, Cecilia requested another birthday Stitch Fix box (and they're still offering $50 credit towards your first box if you use my referral link! Although I think it doesn't apply to kids' fixes.), and absolutely fell in love with this floral shirt. I... would not have chosen this. But she absolutely adores it, and was quite pleased with this outfit that she chose for Mass on Sunday (I'm still impressed with myself for finding that linen skirt on ThredUp for $7, since it was new with tags and originally $70!). You can't see it, but under her blouse she has a "lip gloss locket" necklace, which she made from a craft kit a friend gave her for her birthday. So, very boho, and also very much a 9-year-old.

She is such an interesting kid - reads 50+ books each week (including picture books, so it's not THAT impressive), shimmies up the tallest trees she can find, sews herself and her dolls clothes out of old fabric scraps and castoffs, is never afraid to get muddy, and alternates between wanting to be "fancy" and accessorized with pearls and necklaces, and wanting to wear athletic gear even though she doesn't play any sports... She masters crafts faster than I do (although she has a tad more time than I), and it's always such fun picking out birthday gifts for her because I know she will love everything so much!

Happy Birthday, sweet Cecilia!

1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite toy?
3. What is your favorite fruit? 
4. What is your favorite television show? 
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? 
6. What is your favorite outfit? 
7. What is your favorite game? 
8. What is your favorite snack?  
9. What is your favorite animal? 
10. What is your favorite song? 
11. What is your favorite book? 
12. Who is your best friend? 
13. What is your favorite cereal? 
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? 
15. What is your favorite drink? 
16. What is your favorite holiday? 
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? 
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? 
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? 
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?

4 comments:

  1. Awwww what a sweetheart.
    I see chex mix is a big winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on sale the last couple times we went to Costco, so everyone is VERY into Chex Mix right now!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Cecelia! You sound like such a fun girl!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan