Blogs You Might Not Be Reading {Five Favorites}

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Erica at Saint Affairs is hosting a link-up to introduce readers to smaller blogs that they might not be reading - I'd love for you to check out some of my favorites!  And since I ended up with 5...  Well, I'm gonna go ahead and link up with Jenna, too!

This is the part where I blatantly steal pictures from these blogs, but it's all for the sake of directing new readers to them so I think it's okay?  I mean, if one of these is your blog and you want me to take down your picture, I will!


Cristina is a crafty-without-making-you-feel-bad-about-yourself, homeschooling-without-making-you-feel-disorganized mom of 4 (6, 4, 2, and 3 months).

.

I'm still laughing at the dinosaur birthday party pictures she just posted, and I love seeing the beauty she captures in her pictures and in her everyday life.  Her playroom totally makes me want to organize all the things, and I'm hoping her boys' love of the outdoors will teach my kids new and exciting ways to make huge messes in our backyard!  


Emily totally inspired me to learn how to sew, and helped me a ton with her Beginner Sewing Series (although I still don't have a small pair of scissors and get annoyed at myself every time I sew and have to cut thread with my ginormous fabric scissors).  


She's the mom of two beautiful girls and writes lots of reflections on motherhood in the good old days - if you want an in-depth introduction, you can read some of her favorite posts here.  I always find myself smiling and nodding along with her thoughts, and I think you will too!

Blossoming Joy (okay, I don't think this one is a smaller blog BUT it took me ages to discover her and if you're slow like me, you may not have yet!)

Melody is a veteran homeschooling mom (and another crafter - oh, I'm so addicted to these blogs where they can do things I'll never be able to!), and is another one of those where I read what she writes and just find myself thinking, "Yes.  YES!"

My name is Melody... homeschooling mama of 8 (one in the arms of Jesus). Married 18 years to Mr. Right. Every moment is Grace and my Joy is God's Mercy. This is my place to seek His Beauty, give witness to Hope, and eat a good helping of Humble Pie.  Welcome! I'm so glad you're here.


I think it's so amazing for those of us "in the trenches" to have the example of moms who have been there, done that, even if we may not be close enough to meet up for coffee and pick their brains about HOW to do all of this!  Her post on homeschooling with toddlers & babies is a must-read, and I'm so ready to go out and buy John Paul all sorts of tools after reading this post on teaching boys to love the work of their hands.


I can't remember how I discovered Ashley's blog, but generally when I find another Catholic twin mom, I feel like we're kind of best friends, you know?  Especially since she's a former teacher, too.  And found out she was having twins kind of late in the game...

Ashley

Her boys are adorable, but what keeps me smiling and nodding and clicking back to her posts is the writing, and the way she has of writing exactly what I'm thinking when I didn't even know I was thinking it yet.  Does that make sense?  Maybe not...  Anyway, go check out her thoughts on success and staying at home.  And her messy, beautiful life - love that one!


Rakhi has an etsy shop with hand-lettered mugs, necklaces, and prints.  She also blogs a lot about faith-related matters, and is always so articulate and introspective in her posts.

Hello!

I'm loving her series on how she came to the Catholic faith: From Holy Cow to Holy Spirit (Post 1 & Post 2) and am hoping for more soon!

Check out more blog suggestions at Erica's and more favorites at Jenna's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan