Chaos Sunday {WIWS}

Sunday, July 5, 2015

That second reading today, man... Hit anybody else?

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness.” 
I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses,
in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me."

So with that reading in mind, shall I boast of my weaknesses? Mass behavior. It's never gone well. Some day, maybe? But I like to turn our crazy into a little bit of humor, so I made this up and posted it on facebook last week:


There were so many that I forgot about or that didn't make the cut... Most notably, kids crawling under the pews, kids flashing the congregation, kids making MOM flash the congregation... Worst Mass moment for you? I'd love to hear it!

Another weakness? Housekeeping.


This is tame. Believe me.


These pictures are from last weekend, actually... My sister was in town and we took the four older kids to Mass together, so of course the twins had to play off of each other and be fairly obnoxious the whole time.

(Pet peeve: If you're going to sit behind a bunch of kids with your ONE baby, and your baby HAS to have food during Mass, can you at least make it food that doesn't come from a large crinkly bag? And can you maybe not drop some under the pew so that I have to kick it out of the way so my kids don't try to eat it? Sigh.)


I couldn't pick just one picture, obviously! And don't ask me why Mary Claire ripped her barrette out of her hair and shoved it in her mouth for the pictures...


While I'm blogging, I might as well answer Kendra's questions!



1. How did you celebrate the 4th of July?

Low-key, grilling at home (when the rain let up!) and then fireworks and sparklers in the back yard!

Elizabeth ran inside screaming, Cecilia ran to me, giggling, and sweet John Paul unconsciously grabbed Mary Claire's arm when she started to dash towards the fireworks. He may not always be nice to his sisters, but when it comes time to protect them? He's got this big brother thing down!

I shared this picture on instagram but had to share it again - we set some off while the twins were still awake because late bedtimes were NOT happening...


Needless to say, we did the remainder of the fireworks after the little kids were in bed... But still didn't even wait for it to get dark because John Paul and Cecilia were so tired and we wanted them to go to bed!


The fireflies were already out though, which was fun!


2. Do you sunburn easily?

YES. I've got freckles all over to prove it, but these days I just stay out of the sun during peak hours and don't have any issues. 

3. Hot dogs. Yay or nay?

Yay! But only beef hot dogs -  anything less is gross, but I dig Hebrew National!

4. Have you ever personally set off fireworks?


No, and I have no desire to!

5. Have you ever jumped off the high dive?

Nope. I've never been a very good swimmer, and still have unfortunate memories of a low diving board and a skimpy bikini and a rather long time underwater before I felt comfortable emerging after a wardrobe malfunction... 

6. Do you do anything weird in your sleep?

Apparently sometimes I talk in my sleep. In college I creeped out my roommate because I was whispering one of our Latin choir pieces in my sleep and she thought I was possessed. These days mostly I just nurse in my sleep, but I don't know that that's very weird!

Linking up with Kendra at Catholic All Year and Fine Linen & Purple - hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan