My Sunday Best, Vol. 35: Happy New Year!

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!!! We celebrated by eating a whole bunch of frozen appetizers and dips and crudites and drinking sparkling apple cider - it's a fun excuse to grab whatever we've been eyeing in the Costco freezer section!



We're trying to figure out our new rhythm for Sunday Mass now that Edith's here... John Paul will be receiving his First Communion this year and Andrew wants all their sacraments to be at EF masses from now on, so it kind of makes sense to try to make it to the 12:30 EF Mass every week, even though it's during Peter's nap. Tag teaming it is!


I'm still in that awkward "things-only-sort-of-fit" stage, and I'm thinking I might need to hold off on this skirt until my waist has gotten a little smaller so it doesn't ride up! 

(Actually, I ended up ripping out the alteration I did a couple years ago so that it would fit better - nothing like frantically trying to rip out a seam while the kids fight downstairs and the baby sleeps fitfully! She woke up when I was almost done, of course...)

Edith hasn't pooped in three days, so I just kept her in jammies for Mass, much to Cecilia's disappointment, because she *really* wanted her to wear a fancy outfit. However, I'm already going to spend the entirety of Mass anticipating a blowout, so I'm not *also* going to worry about her staining something nice!

Edit: She saved it until we got home, and we managed to avoid any major disasters! Hurrah!


Your turn!

Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!

Just a few ground rules before you link up:

1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.

2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).

3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)

4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.

5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan