These pictures make me realize just how ridiculously large this van is. I look like a child next to it.
We're enjoying reasonably warm temperatures, but wet weather, which means the car is horribly dirty and there's mud everywhere. Luckily we've been able to get some work done in the garden with these higher temperatures!
Andrew's home from his church job this week, so we're headed to Mass together, even Peter! He's been nap striking lately, so we figured we might as well just let him skip it...
Oh me from this morning, so optimistic... It did NOT GO WELL. But Mass is Mass, regardless of how wiggly my kids are or how much the toddler wails about the cinnamon rolls that have inexplicably been left unattended in the lobby...
Anyway, the nap striking reminded me of this poem by my great grandmother, which I posted on facebook and thought I would post here as well:
The Mother's HelperAline Kilmer
I LOVE all my children far more than I thought to;They do everything just the way that they ought to,And the ones that can talk say their prayers as they're taught to;But still every night as I sit at my sewing,My mind turned adrift on its own pleasures going,Underneath my wild thoughts is a steady prayer flowing:St. Brigid, please keepMy babies asleep!
St. Rita assists me when things are past bearing,St. Christopher helps me when forth I am faring,But the care of my children St. Brigid is sharing.They are wilful and happy and dear beyond measure,No riches could equal the worth of my treasure;But in spite of my love and my pride and my pleasure,St. Brigid, please keepMy babies asleep!
(More of her poetry here, but I'll warn you it takes quite a turn when she lost one of her daughters - beautiful, but hauntingly sad)
Skirt: Modcloth (available in lots of colors and sizes, plus pockets & elastic waist! Highly recommend.)
Booties: Lucky Brand (recommended by Hannah and on super-sale right now -almost as cheap as when I got them for Christmas!)
Since we've changed our Mass schedule, it's hard for me to get these posts finished up in time to post at noon, as I've been doing for the past 6+ months - starting next week I'll start posting at 3 instead of 12. Hopefully that gives you more time to finish up your post if you like to link up right when I publish!
Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!
Just a few ground rules before you link up:
1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.
2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).
3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)
4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.
5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!