Happy Laetare Sunday! Only 3 more weeks until Easter!
My wardrobe is sadly lacking in the pink department - my one pink skirt still doesn't fit, so I went with "Marian Blue" instead. Of course, I probably should have dressed Edith in pink, but she was so comfy in her little yellow sleeper... Joke's on me, because a sweet old lady at Mass was convinced she was a boy (despite the ruffles and bows, and the writing "cute little lady" with pictures of ladybugs down the side), which led to a very awkward, "What's his name?" "...Edith... She's a girl..." exchange. Normally I don't correct people, but she looked so incredibly confused when I said her name was Edith!
Cecilia and John Paul wore pink, though! And Mary Claire wore a disco-ball-ish purple dress (handed down from Cecilia, since now Mary Claire's favorite color is purple and Cecilia's is blue), shunning all the pink I presented her with. Of course.
We're finally, finally on the healthy side again after last week, so we were back at Mass in full force! This was a weird week of Lent though, because basically everything fell by the wayside since I was totally out of it and couldn't read aloud at all. This week we'll be back at it with our family devotional, and also with this new book (affiliate link!) that we've been reading for school. We've been doing a chapter a week in order to really try to focus on one virtue at a time, and it's been a great addition! Julia sent a copy over for us to review, and it sounded so great I knew we'd love it - John Paul and Cecilia have both read it on their own, although it's geared toward the 9-13yo crowd. I see it having a pretty broad range of ages it could reach, considering the twins (who are 4) are loving the stories as well! The virtue talk goes a little over their heads, but is perfect for John Paul. We're making lots of new saint friends, and if you're looking for a perfect addition to someone's Easter basket, this is it!
Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!
Just a few ground rules before you link up:
1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.
2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).
3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)
4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.
5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!