23/52: First Holy Communion!!!

Tuesday, June 9, 2020





FINALLY the twins were able to receive their First Holy Communion!!! (And their second, third, fourth, and fifth) After the quarantine put a stop to all public Masses, we weren't sure when we'd be able to go back to church... By mid-May Masses were back on, and we scheduled their First Holy Communion for Sunday, May 31 - their (new calendar) twin feast day AND Pentecost!

Mary Claire wore Cecilia's dress, and I ended up getting Elizabeth the same one in the next size down because it was on clearance for $10 after Cecilia's First Communion... I convinced the twins they should want dresses that didn't match, because I didn't think I'd be able to find the same dress again. But then I found it and it was such a great deal, so I convinced them that no, actually, they did want to match, but maybe their veils could be different! So Elizabeth wore Cecilia's veil and Mary Claire got a new one. Who knows what Edith will decide to do once hers rolls around... Guess she'll have plenty of options!

After I took pictures of the twins, everybody else (except John Paul, who didn't care, and Lucy, who was already down for a nap) needed their own picture, too. Peter and Edith really cracked me up, and then Edith demanded a photo by herself, and then Peter needed one by himself. Because after all, it's a celebration for everyone, right?

Later that day we celebrated with homemade pizza (their choice) and chocolate cake (Costco isn't even selling sheet cakes right now!! So we had zero leftover cake and I'm a little annoyed). I made decorations out of meringue but of course I broke most of them when I tried to get them off the parchment paper... Plus they wouldn't stick to the store-bought cake properly! Still, it was a lovely, grace-filled day and my sister has been visiting so they have gone to several daily Masses with her so they can receive Jesus in the Eucharist again and again!

4 comments:

  1. They are SO lovely (all of them)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody's growing up so fast 😭😭😭

      Delete
  2. Edith will not be big enough for those dresses when she's 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welllll if we need to alter one of them 🤷‍♀️

      Delete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan