Guess who's got two thumbs and is in the state of grace right now?
THIS GUY!!!He's been waiting for this moment for years, and finally got to make his first Confession yesterday! He very solemnly walked up to me after waking up in the morning and said, "Hmm... Big day today..." Kid practically ran into the confessional, came out with a huge grin on his face, and almost skipped up to the altar rail to say his penance. Were you this excited for your first confession? I definitely wasn't!!! Now he has to wait two whole months for his First Holy Communion, and plans on going to Confession every two weeks. Looks like I need to make sure that happens, since he can't get there on his own!
Next year it'll be Cecilia's turn, and somehow I don't think she'll be quite as giddy as John Paul has been. Then again, he's been begging to go to confession pretty much since he could talk...
Some affiliate links below - thanks for your support!
Cecilia's dress: Carter's (I would 100% wear this if it came in my size!)
Boots: Lucky (on AMAZING sale right now, depending on size & color)
Leggings: J. Crew Factory (also on amazing sale right now!)
And it might be time to break out the tripod for pictures, since John Paul isn't exactly making good things happen...
John Paul got his very own missal, so he was basically perfect at Mass, except when he wanted to whisper-yell to me about how much of an indulgence certain prayers were... Mary Claire and Cecilia didn't lose their treats, so at least there's that. And when I told Mary Claire to stop biting her toenails, she quit with no fuss! There was a hilarious 2yo behind us who was exactly like Peter is at Mass - my favorite part was when she lay in the aisle loudly trying to sing "the A word" as her mom shushed her 😂 Hey, for once it wasn't one of my kids! I wish they hadn't left early, I would 100% be best friends with them! Next week I'm sure it will be our turn to make a scene again...
(Just in case you needed an Edith close-up)
I was thrown off at the beginning of Mass because there was no organ accompaniment to the opening hymn, and then I remembered... Lent! Love that our parish sticks to those old traditions - it makes Easter so much more special!
Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!
Just a few ground rules before you link up:
1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.
2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).
3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)
4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.
5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!