Mary Claire and Elizabeth, Age 3

Saturday, November 21, 2015

A week ago, the twins turned three! (Birth story here if you're into that sort of thing) I attempted to do this birthday survey with them together, first with what questions I could remember, then sitting at the computer while they answered questions. It went about as well as you would expect...


Me: Can I take a picture of you smiling for your birthday?
Mary Claire: Take a picture of me CRYING!





"Twin hug!!!"
Aaaand still grumpy.

First I asked... 


What's your favorite song: 
MC: Fishy Song. 
Me: How does that song go? 
MC, tunelessly: I'm a fiiiiishy swimming in da water...



What's your favorite game: 
MC: Nooh-noon. 
Me: How do you play that game? 
MC, pointing at Peter: Snatching sings fwom him. 
Me: I don't think that's a game. 
MC: It's called "Nooh-noon, snatching sings fwom Ti-dih-dit!" 
Me: Elizabeth, what's your favorite game? 
E: Tooht! (rhymes with "put") 
Me: How do you play that game? 
E, pointing at Peter: Um snatching things fwom Ja-nin!

Well, at least they amuse themselves?

So I gave up and tried again another day...

1. What is your favorite color? MC: Blue E: Pink!

2. What is your favorite toy?  MC: Um... Rings. What rings? The colorful rings. (actually Peter's favorite toy but okay...) E: Rings! Pink rings.
3. What is your favorite fruit?  MC: Um, um, pears. E: Um, um, apples! MC: And MY favowite fwuit is actually kiwi! E: My favowite fwuit is banana.
4. What is your favorite television show?  MC: Um, Dowa. E: Uh, Dowa! (It's been at least 3 months since they've watched Dora...)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? MC: Um, cheese! E: Apple! MC: CHEESE!!! E: APPLE!!! *crying*



6. What is your favorite outfit?  MC: My blue bow dwess fwom da consignment store, and even my blue flower dwess! E: PEAR!!! *giggles*


At this point I went to ask Mary Claire the rest of the questions without Elizabeth... Except Elizabeth followed and kept answering "Pear" to every question.


7. What is your favorite game? Don't Fall Down!!! is my favowite game

8. What is your favorite snack? Cheez-its!



9. What is your favorite animal? Zebra!  

10. What is your favorite song?  Immaculate Mawwy
11. What is your favorite book? Grace (a random library book that we read 5 times that day... Pretty sure her actual favorite is The Best Nest)
12. Who is your best friend? Elizabeth



13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Um, run!
15. What is your favorite drink? Apple cider
16. What is your favorite holiday? Easter!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Minnie Mouse and hmm hmm hmm hmm and Snoopy. What is hmm hmm hmm hmm? My baby!
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Ummmm my favorite apple is apple! Elizabeth: My favorite pear is pear!!! Me: Mary Claire, what's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Mary Claire: Um, cheese! (No.) My favorite cheese is cheese!!!  


19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pasta.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Um... A BUNNY!!!

Me: Elizabeth, do you want to answer the questions a real way now?

Elizabeth: PEAR!!!




I asked her again later that evening. Her answer? Pear. I give up. But hey, at least it was a pretty honest look into life with 3-year-old twins!


We had a small celebration for all three of our birthday kids last weekend, and the twins were particularly excited for their very first leotards and ballet slippers, accompanied by ballet DVDs, thanks to sweet Vicki!




And the adorable bow headbands are from my sweet sister-in-law - unfortunately they insist on putting them on themselves most of the time, which results in less-than-optimal hair styling!

They're crazy, they're sweet, they're still rather a handful, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Happy Birthday, Mary Claire and Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan