25/52: Babies and Beets

Tuesday, June 27, 2017





I'm not sure this series of photos even needs words!

Last week the twins decided to make themselves a salad out of nasturtium petals, but then they needed greens so they ran out to pick some kale and beet greens, and Mary Claire accidentally pulled up a beet! She bit off the end and used it to paint some hickory nuts and some designs on the sidewalk, then decided to eat it. Raw. Unwashed. Whole.

Meanwhile, the kids harvested a bunch yesterday so I roasted them for dinner, and shockingly (not shockingly), nobody liked them. They all say they prefer them raw. So... Throw some beet recipes my way? Apparently our soil is GREAT for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan