One year ago!

Saturday, January 28, 2012


Almost exactly one year ago (I'm a few minutes late...), Cecilia was born!  We celebrated her birthday at home with a pretty low-key "party."


Huge first birthday bashes are all the rage, I know, but I just don't feel like putting forth all that effort when I can't control how the kids actually act at the party...  So for the next few birthdays at least, we'll continue just inviting family.  We started off with present unwrapping, which John Paul helped with, of course!


The hats were our one "decoration" because I get a kick out of them.  


Cecilia was REALLY excited when we all put them on and kept patting her head, so I put one on her.  She immediately freaked out and started taking it off so she could chew on the tip.


Dollar Store balloons were, as always, a huge hit!


John Paul was quite excited about the balloons, too.


My favorite picture from today - Cecilia LOVES the reading nook!


Self-portrait!


Reading a new favorite book from John Paul's godfather.


I made cake pops because I figured they'd be less messy than cake.  Cecilia was not sure how she felt about this...


But she ended up liking it!  


And after a lunch of her favorite foods (turkey and cheese), what better way to end things?


As you can see, it was definitely not as messy as traditional cake!  Unfortunately, it was also really not very tasty...  Way too sweet for me!


Dad was exhausted, so she decided to climb all over him.


Happy Birthday to Cecilia!  And happy Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas!

1 comment:

  1. It was a lovely party! It couldn't have been better. Cecilia had a great time, and so did the rest of us. You can't improve on that!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan