WIWS - Wardrobe Malfunction Edition

Sunday, October 20, 2013

I had every intention of participating in WIWS last week, but time got away from me and things were crazy-busy so it just didn't happen...   Anyway, because I missed last week, here's what I wore then:
 
 
Blurry morning picture with adorable kids and shoes everywhere...

 
More focused later picture with the belt I actually meant to wear but couldn't find.  I think the darker one actually works better, although this definitely isn't my favorite outfit.
 
Sweater:  Uniqlo
Belt:  Off a pair of pants from Kohl's
Dress:  J.Crew via Twice
Shoes:  DSW
Tights:  Target?  I dunno, they're old...
 
 
And here's this week's outfit:
 
 
I'm posed to hide it, but I had a lovely wardrobe malfunction this morning...
 
 
I've always had trouble zipping this skirt, not because it doesn't fit but just because that spot where the waistband meets the skirt is too thick and the construction is a little off...  So I fiiiiinally got it zipped this morning and noticed a tiny little gap in the zipper that grew and grew until...  Well, thankfully it wasn't super-noticeable at Mass and Andrew helped me get it off when we got home.  Any ideas on how to fix it?  I kind of love the skirt!

 
John Paul wore his awesome plaid blazer again but shed it for pictures, sadly.  And while I'm glad that they're trained to take off their shoes immediately upon entering the house, I don't *mind* them keeping them on an extra 7 seconds for pictures!  I'll take what I can get!
 
Disheveled scarf:  Forever 21
Sweater:  Express
Skirt:  eShakti ($30 off new customer purchases if you shop through my link!)
Boots and socks:  DSW
Belt:  Kohl's
 
And now to wash all the dishes and start some sort of preparations for Tuesday, since John Paul is dying of excitement that it's his name day and has requested "Fish" for his special dinner even though fish is disgusting and I never cook it.  I've sent Andrew to Trader Joe's for one of their microwave fish dinners.  Blech.  That's dedication for you!
 
 Linking up with Fine Linen & Purple, happy Sunday!

16 comments:

  1. I had a wardrobe malfuction in my outfit today too...but I refuse to talk about it. LOL Anyway, you look great...I love today's outfit, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that skirt with the boots. They look good together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the zipper tab stuck or are you able to move it? (you knew I'd be all over your skirt fixing questions!) I agree, that skirt is super cute and definitely worth fixing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when zippers break on beloved skirts and dresses :-( You might be able to take it to a tailor to look at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you mentioned about Tuesday! I have a John Paul (Jack) and we've been celebrating his name day on April 2nd, the day JPII died. I missed the announcement about his official feast day. Jack will be pretty excited to get an extra special day this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't like fish!?!? And here I thought we were going to be friends...I'm going to state the obvious and say you've just never had it prepared correctly, especially if you microwave it! Fish + Microwaves=GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it was a specific microwave dinner, I wasn't just microwaving random fish :P Anyway, the kids actually loved it! But Andrew got *real* fish from the grocery store, luckily it's already seasoned and I have a cold so hopefully I don't have to smell it!

      But yeah, I've had fish prepared correctly and I just don't like it - I think God put it in the ocean for a reason ;)

      Delete
  7. Rosie, I love the way you wear you mantilla. And you and your gang look wonderful, as always. JP is pretty dapper, with the plaid jacket and the bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Gotta love all the awesome ways to dress up a little boy :)

      Delete
  8. The outfits are cute!! And that scarf in your second outfit is AWESOME! I love the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my absolute favorite accessory :)

      Delete
  9. I don't like seafood either, but this is pretty good: http://www.food.com/recipe/crunchy-baked-tilapia-128901

    Also, I had a marinated and grilled tuna steak that was pretty awesome, but I don't know how you'd feel buying a super pricey piece of fish for a 4 year old (even for a special day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew got some pre-seasoned tilapia that just needs to be baked, so I don't have to touch it or anything :P But it was definitely expensive! Luckily he really loves fish, so I suppose it's a treat for him more than for John Paul...

      Delete
  10. That grey skirt is adorable! I don't have any advice on fixing the zipper but I hope you can! And I love the scarf you were wearing in the second outfit. It's beautiful! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I think I'm just going to have to take it to a tailor - hopefully it can be fixed!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan