Answer Me This: What We Wore Easter Sunday

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Alleluia!!!  He is risen!!!

And now to hammer out a super-quick post so my sister doesn't shoot me for not having posted since Monday...

Doubling my link-up fun today with Kendra's Answer Me This and Fine Linen & Purple's What I Wore Sunday (Easter edition!):


1. What did you and your family wear to Mass on Easter Sunday?


I need to get better pictures of the dresses - my mom and I were up waaaaaaaaaaay too late last night finishing them up (thank goodness she's an expert because I am still VERY much learning to sew...) and wow are the girls ever adorable!


John Paul's wearing a vest I made him but I couldn't figure out that darned buttonhole foot soooo we decided it's a "loose, swingy vest" that's meant to hang open :P  

Andrew's suit is the same one he wears every year, and isn't it fabulous?  Every time he leaves for court in that thing, I love to imagine the looks on people's faces when he walks into the room :)

And my dress is eShakti from a while back - I've worn it here once, but not for a while because buttons keep falling off and I forget to sew them back on (frustrating!).  The cropped cardigan is oooooold H&M I think, at least from college.  The hat is the one I wear every year, and the hair is in serious need of a chop.  A BIG chop.

2. Easter Bunny: thumbs up or thumbs down?


Thumbs down, mostly - I think it's a weird, weird tradition and would rather keep standards low and let the kids know that what they get comes from Mom and Dad.  Heck, they filled their own eggs AND hid them for their egg hunt this morning...  But it's not a moral or religious thing really, it's just that we don't really do Santa or the Tooth Fairy or any of that, although they do firmly believe in many, many imaginary things (including Santa...), so I think their childhood is still plenty magical :)


3. Do you prefer to celebrate holidays at your own house or at someone else's house?


Our house!  I like to be the one in charge of the food, plus it's a lot of work to coordinate naptimes and not worry too much about the kids trashing someone else's house.  John Paul has an inner compass that points him to all things electronic, so he tends to reprogram DVRs, set every timer he can find, change the temperature on someone else's refrigerator, etc...  And the babies eat everything they can find.  Cecilia sits and reads quietly.  Sigh.

4. What is your favorite kind of candy?


For Easter?  Starburst jellybeans, no question.  Really at all times I love those.  I REALLY love candy.  A lot.  Also the Ferrero Rocher hazelnut truffles.  And Cadbury mini-eggs (not the ACTUAL eggs, those are nasty...).  And Heath Bars.  I'm just going to stop now, because all we ended up getting was a bag of regular jelly beans and we're planning on hitting up the post-Easter sales to get the rest of our candy fix.

5. Do you like video games?


I do, but I don't really have time to play - I kind of love all the Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones and all of those types of games.  I used to play The Sims a lot in high school and college.  But I stopped playing a while back because there was no time and it just felt like there were much more productive things I could do.  We'll see if the kids get much exposure - right now they like to watch Andrew play Mario every once in a while, but that's about it.

6. Do you speak another language? 


Not really - I took yeeeeeeears and years of French, but have forgotten most of it.

Here!  Some more pictures to make my sister happy!


Mouths full of animal crackers, Elizabeth holding 3 of the 4 weird Easter bunnies that the kids got in their baskets...


Not impressed by Grandma's silly face (I LOVE her expression here!).


And the baby "Easter egg hunt" indoors before naps...

I'll do Holy Week & Easter recap posts soon, I hope - I've got tons of pictures but have been spending all my free time sewing and cooking!  

ALLELUIA!!!  He is risen!  Go eat some bacon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan