47/52: Thanksgiving!

Sunday, November 25, 2018



Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrated in typical family fashion, with ALL THE SIDE DISHES (my sister and I are a good chef team), plenty of pies, hot apple cider, and apparently a whole lot of sitting around reading or playing card games?

With two uncles in town, the kids were taking full advantage of adult playmates, so there were games of Crazy Eights and Go Fish going on almost nonstop on Thursday and Friday. And very few tears, so hooray for that!

There are still some leftovers in the fridge that need to be dealt with/repurposed (so much cranberry sauce... Does anybody want to eat cranberry sauce for breakfast? No. They would rather eat plain cranberries because they are CRAZY.), but the turkey and ham are gone and I kind of want to roast another turkey because it was so delicious!

And also make several more apple pies... Because nothing starts a day better than secret pie for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. The few days after Thanksgiving, I made myself plain oatmeal for breakfast and put cranberry sauce on it. It was yummy! You can freeze cranberry sauce too. I made way too much and ended up putting two cups of ours in a container in the freezer for later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's smart, I bet the kids would eat it with oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan