She's just the cutest, right? Here she is all decked out in her birthday finery - ballerina princess dress (NOT a ballerina, NOT a fairy princess, a BALLERINA PRINCESS), special necklace from when she was a flower girl, birthday crown, and ballerina princess headband (so artfully arranged).
I asked her the same questions I asked John Paul on his last birthday (and I asked her the same questions then, because it was pretty funny to hear her answers at 2.5) - here are her answers from 6 months ago, and her answers from today are below:
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Maraca (really?)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apple
4. What is your favorite television show? Diego!
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? Dis one! (blue floral shirt and blue polka dot skirt) (Andrew: What about your princess dress? Cecilia: My pwincess dwess!!!) (PS it was only $20 when we bought it and is aaaaaaawesome so you should get one for your princess!)
7. What is your favorite game? Um, Super Mario Galaxy (this one is really funny - Andrew plays it every once in a while and Cecilia pretends to be the princess ALL the time and she and John Paul play it on their own, running around from room to room finding stars while she dances)
8. What is your favorite snack? Um, craisins, crackers, and apricots.
9. What is your favorite animal? Jaguar, 'cause I saw one in one of John Paul's reference books!
10. What is your favorite song? Immacuwate Mawwy!
11. What is your favorite book? Diego (What about a book that we own?) My ballet book!
We Love Ballet!
12. Who is your best friend? Um, Katherine! (who goes to our old church and is 11 years old and she's seen... twice in the past year?)
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Um, go down da swide!
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? My birfday! (John Paul: That's not a holiday!) Um, I dink Halloween.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My teddy bear! (not true. She sleeps with a sheet and that's it, not even a pillow)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Joe's O's!
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Ham and potatoes and green beans (check!)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A mommy! (Anything else?) Um, yeah. (What else?) Teacher!
Last night I sat down with her to ask what she wanted for her birthday breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Me: What do you want for a special birthday breakfast, Cecilia?
Cecilia: Um, maybe a wittle cake?
Me: Well, the cake isn't going to be made yet...
Cecilia: Oh, maybe a ganowa bar!!!
Here's the rest of her picks:
John Paul reminded her she needed to choose a birthday snack. And then she chose a special birthday drink, of course. Milk, indeed.
John Paul's face cracks me up in the background!
So excited to be 3!