29/52: Flowers and Trash Kites

Tuesday, July 24, 2018




We started a bunch of new flowers in seed trays this year instead of direct sowing - we needed to learn what the first seed leaves looked like so that we didn't pull them accidentally, thinking they were weeds! It worked well, educationally, but a lot of them then died upon transplanting... Some survived, though, including that really fun pink poppy! The twins were especially enamored of its many delicate petals.

I saw a plastic bag being blown by the wind and realized we hadn't made "trash kites" (okay, WHITE trash kites, but I'm not going to refer to them as such to the kids!) in a couple years. Everybody happily tied baker's twine to their plastic bags and had a BLAST! It was pretty hilarious how much they loved it. Now there's one tied to the porch railing, waving like a very classy flag. There goes the neighborhood ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, my kids would love trash kites. Totally doing that on a windy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously the most ridiculously easy "craft" ever!

      Delete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan