May I please...

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let's face it, John Paul is clingy.  He wants me to be with him ALL the time.  I'm not allowed to go fold laundry while he's playing in the bathtub, I am supposed to sit on the toilet and WATCH him play.

For a while, every time I left there was an outraged, "MOOOM!" and fussing until I came back.  Finally I told him that he needed to ask nicely and use a sentence like, "Could Mom please come back?"  John Paul was silent for a while and then I heard a very timid, "May IIIII pweez...  Have my mom!" 

How can I resist that?  So that's where we've been the past couple of weeks, except now he has started responding to himself.  "May IIIII pweez...  Have my mom!  Yes you may!"  At this point I'm not sure if he actually *wants* me or if he just enjoys the fact that he can use his manners so effectively.  But it's pretty cute either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan