A Very Awkward (but still cute) Refashion

Monday, February 24, 2014

"So easy!" said Pinterest.
"You could do it in 15 minutes!" said the internet.

2 hours later (thank goodness for long baby naps!), the shirt from our Goodwill pile was refashioned from a shirt to a dress and then to a tunic and headband thanks to maaaany mistakes...

Before

After (I think the expression says it all!)
(Yes, that's a bunny tucked into the neck)


Mistakes:  First I sewed a sleeve on inside-out, and then I had to rip out all the stitches to get it off and ended up making holes in the fabric so I had to cut quite a bit off and the sleeves maaaay not be the same length and the shoulders DEFINITELY are not the same.  But didn't you know that Cecilia has very pointy uneven shoulders?  Totally her fault, not mine :P

Then she REALLY wanted me to make a headband out of the bottom, so I hemmed the bottom and cut off the excess and wouldn't you know it, by the time I was almost done I ended up making another accidental hole in the fabric, so I had to hem it AGAIN to fix that, which downgraded it from dress to tunic...

Would it have been smart to perhaps google "how to sew on a sleeve?"  Yes, oh yes it would have.  But I would have had to go ALL the way upstairs!


So there you have it.  Awkward.  But she LOVES it!

Don't laugh, Emily.

Next thing you know, I'll be whipping up matching denim jumpers for the me and the girls faster than you can say "Seton!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan