Delicious!!!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

I tried a new recipe this week - the cover recipe on the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living:  Braised Short Rib, Stout, and Potato Potpies


I reduced the recipe by about 1/3 and it was just enough for Andrew, John Paul, and me (we also had green beans).  It was SO good.  SOOOOO SO SO good.  I'm still thinking about it a week later.  I think next time I'll substitute a chuck roast for the short ribs - it's only about half the price and the short ribs were honestly a little *too* tender for us. 


It was also an excuse to get my mandolin slicer out, which is a lot of fun to use!  Looks like next time I need to make more so that we actually have leftovers.  Seriously, it was SO good.  Andrew didn't even notice the onions (I only put the whole onions on my half, he just got the thinly sliced ones that cooked for at least 4 hours)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan