5 Favorites

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Time for yet another round of completely disjointed Five Favorites!


ONE

 


I rotate our toys to keep things fresh, and this is one that almost never gets put away - I tried to put it away this past rotation and John Paul found it and immediately brought it upstairs!  

I put away the choke-able parts when I have babies in the house, but it's a favorite for all ages - the babies love chewing on any and all pieces, John Paul and Cecilia love using the tools, and it's always a HUGE hit with visitors on play dates!

They have it on sale in blue and pink on Zulily right now and you get $5 off if you sign up with my code, which makes them $13 and $11 plus shipping, a pretty sweet deal!  Normally the neutral set is about $23 on Amazon.

Do you use camelcamelcamel.com to check pricing?  It'll let you set your own price on Amazon and alert you by email when your item reaches the desired price!  Considering how often things fluctuate on Amazon, I find this feature really useful.

TWO




It's a grill!  It's a griddle!  It's a panini press!  It's amazing!

I use ours ALL the time - just this past week I used it to make pancakes, fry bacon, and make quesadillas.  The plates are reversible, so you can use the grill side AND the griddle side.  I love how it drains the fat off so nicely, so I can just pour the bacon fat into a bowl and use it in my cooking all week!

THREE

Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner

I was never a liquid eyeliner fan, and when I got this as a free sample with mascara, I didn't try it for quite a while...  But I got adventurous and LOVE it!  The tip is flexible, so it goes on really smoothly.  It's NOT waterproof, which means mistakes are super-easy to correct.  But it still lasts all day!

FOUR
 
 


I try to do a lot of kitchen prep when I have my hands free, since I never know how many babies I'll be holding while trying to make a meal.  These are the perfect size for practically everything - a diced onion, a bunch of lemon wedges, a million cloves of minced garlic, a scoop of hummus, fresh herbs for tonight's dinner...

And they're only $2/each, or $20 for 12! 

FIVE
goodmama diapers


These are kind of a huge diaper snob sort of diaper...  Ridiculously expensive, amazing prints, so gloriously soft, and wonderfully absorbent!  Back when John Paul was a baby, we got quite a few for a decent price, but we haven't gotten any since then because they're SO expensive.

Well, they just had a promotion where the diapers were cheaper than I've seen them in years, but you couldn't pick a print, you had to buy them grab-bag-style.  And LOOK at how cute they are!  The weird rainbow leopard-print one isn't my favorite, but the beautiful blue floral is!  And Cecilia LOVES the pink floral, and the ballerinas and music is SO cute.

These (and other snapping fitteds) are AWESOME for potty training, since they snap so securely that toddlers can't get them off, and you can change the absorbency so that they can feel immediately when they're wet.  I have no doubt that these are a huge reason Cecilia was potty trained by the time she was 18 months old!

Go check out more favorites at Moxie Wife!  Or at least click over to make a donation for the Race For The Laundry Room or whatever we're calling the "Get Mice out of Dwija's Laundry Room and A Dryer IN!" campaign!

18 comments:

  1. Someone needs to come teach me how to do eyeliner someday. Do they have tutors for that? Those diapers look so fun! I prefer the aplix but we are now at the stage of learning how to pull them off so yeah, snaps have their benefits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so bad at it before! But this is honestly so much easier than any other liner!

      I prefer aplix for the early stages, but once they start crawling I find the velcro gets caught on too much, so I prefer snaps (we try to do a fair amount of cover-free time so that they get frequent changes and can air out a bit).

      Delete
  2. If I ever add eyeliner to my lazy makeup routine, I will check that one out! And I want to try the price checking website out, if not just for its name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tool box, cute that JP won't let it get rotated.
    I love glass storage!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What covers do you use with those diapers? Is the promotion still going on? I love one-size diapers because I hate having to get new diapers as baby grows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Thirsties Medium or Size 2, but the promotion just ended :( They also changed the sizing since we had John Paul, now the one-size doesn't *really* apply until they probably hit 10 or 12 pounds, since they make newborn sizes now, too. But you can score the old style on ebay for cheaper.

      Delete
  5. Must. have. those. containers. Bringing my lunch and packing my husband's would be so much simpler with those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those diapers are adorable. I never thought about the absorbency change for potty training! Great idea that I might have to co-opt this summer or so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, they would pee and then look down because, whoa, they could SEE their diaper getting wet! And the elastic is stretchy enough that you can take the insert out and use them as training pants!

      Delete
  7. I've never heard of those diapers, and I thought we had tried everything. Right now our favorite for Lucia are bumGenius Elementals, which are also ridiculously expensive. We got a full supply for Christmas, or else we'd be using prefolds and covers! I'll have to give those goodmama's a try next time I have an excuse to buy diapers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isaac would looooove that tool box, maybe then he would stop finding my husband's electric drill and a bag of apples and very expertly giving each one it's very own hole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have some Green Toys sets too, and love them! I had no idea Crate and Barrel's dishes would be so cheap! Maybe some will be in my kitchen in the not-so-distant future... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of camelcamelcamel before. What a great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love Green Toys, too, though we don't have the tool kit yet. And $2 for glass storage !?! I need to find me a Crate + Barrel obviously.

    I have recently become a huge fan of liquid eyeliner. Totally made it a yearlong goal last year to become adept at getting it on and looking like I somewhat knew what I was doing. That makes it much more enjoyable. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they have free shipping promos - get on their email list if you don't want to brave taking your kids into a store!

      Delete
  12. I have never been able to successfully rotate toys. The miss certain things and others just end up living in the basement. I could probably just get rid of everything in the basement, but I never have time to go through it when they aren't around. If they see me doing it, they'll get mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it when they're asleep, but I bet it gets harder as they get older... They definitely ask about certain toy sometimes, but I just tell them that the next time we reorganize toys, I'll make sure to get that one for them. And if they keep asking, I'm willing to get it out anyway, since if they miss it at least it means they'll play with it!

      Delete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan