WIWS: Anniversary Edition

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy 34th Anniversary to the two people who passed on those genes that make me look ridiculously young:


That's my dad at 21 and my mom at 23 (on their wedding day).  No wonder I get mistaken for a high school student even though I'm 27!

And what would a WIWS post be without an out-of-focus shot of what I wore?
 
 
Dress & shirt are repeats, and I promise I DID wear shoes to Mass - this was taken hours after we got home, because our usual 9:00 Mass has changed times and we have to be out the door in time for an 8:30!  I didn't really have any way of expressing "Corpus Christi" in my attire - if only I had a fish-print dress to go with the gospel :P
 
They've been announcing it at the beginning and end of Mass for the past few weeks and it's been in the bulletin, but the same people who are normally late also usually leave early, so there was a not-insignificant number of people walking in halfway through and looking VERY confused!
 
We used chocolate-covered pretzels as this week's bribe, which worked VERY well for John Paul, but Cecilia was her usual self.  She was VERY upset not to get one when we got home, so I think I'll use them again and see if that helps next week...  It's a huge sacrifice having chocolate-covered pretzels at home, of course, since somebody has to eat them ;)  But I think we can handle it!
 
Check out some well-dressed ladies at FL&P!
 
And because you KNOW I can't resist a linkup, also linking up with Grace, the only blogger who makes me feel like my life is a little bit normal...
 
On am unrelated note, if you're in the DC area and have wanted to try a produce delivery service, we use From the Farmer and LOVE it!  They're running a promotion that ends today - if you sign up and tell them I referred you (Rosie Hill), you get $20 off and I get a free basket!  It's win-win!

23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your mom and dad are so cute. They looked about 15 on their wedding day! Those are not bad genes to inherit (when you're in your 50's, you'll REALLY appreciate them!).

    Happy Anniversary to your folks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'll appreciate them one of these days! It's taking a while, but I think I'm beginning to ;)

      Delete
  2. That is such a sweet wedding photo- and wow,they do look so young! Very cute mass outfit, and chocolate sitting around the house is SUCH a huge sacrifice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Rosie, thanks! I was trying to think of a way to self-deprecate and say that it's too bad we didn't pass along ____ genes, but I can't think of anything that would make you any more awesome than you are. :-D

    Also, I am wearing a fish dress today, and I even forgot what that it was the loaves and fishes today! I sat next to Frances (nine-year-old daughter of Rabia at theliebers.blogspot.com), and we had a discussion about her Magnifikid, which I told her that my grandson has, too. When I asked her if she believed that the miracle of the loaves and fishes happened, she thought carefully and then said, "Nooooooo." So I devoted some time to telling her about the miracle of the multiplying chocolates (which actually happened to me and may be the only story I have not yet told you) and then had to burden her with a bunch of etymology on "monstrance" etc. If John Paul isn't there, what's a grandmother to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to your parents!! Wow...they do look young..amazing...so cute!

    You look great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you pull off the maxi SO much better than I ever ever will. Your parents are adorable. Happy Anniversary to them!

    And we totally were THOSE people and walked into the NEW time of 430 Mass at 5 last night -- we've never left early but mayyyyybe we've been late. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute! And you look lovely. That dress is great. I miss your sweet kiddos in the photo though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute outfit! Glad you may have landed on the right incentive for your littles.
    Happy Anniversary to your parents! Such a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they do look young! They were the same exact ages as Phil and I when we got married - me and your mom are cougars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pic of your parents - too cute! And yea, where are the munchkins? I wish I could find a maxi that comes all the way to the floor - both of mine look like I had a growth spurt and outgrew them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Paul started ripping off his clothing the moment we walked in the door! Maybe next week I can squeeze in a couple pictures before we leave :)

      I bet you could make your own maxi pretty easily - you just need a bunch of jersey, although Annie probably doesn't give you a lot of time for sewing!

      Delete
  10. What an awesome picture. Congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmygoodness what an amazing picture of your parents. That is so beautiful. And now I want chocolate covered pretzels... but I can't... but I want them... Ohhhh! Oh yah, and love that your pic was out of focus, I pride myself on bad pics and the fact that I have zero intention of making them better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love old wedding photos - your parents look so young and so in love! Ahhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my all-time favorite pictures :)

      Delete
  13. I really like your dress/shirt combination and I don't remember seeing it before. I think you mom looks about her age in that photo but your dad looks about fifteen. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I was just saying to my husband! Just a minute ago! Mandi, you are very very smrt. :-D

      Delete
  14. Maxi skirts are awesome!! Modest, comfy & stylish! The photo of your parents is amazing. It really says so much!! What a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO comfy! One of my all-time favorite wardrobe staples because they're just so easy to wear!

      Delete
  15. Love the dress/shirt outfit! I feel like I wouldn't be able to pull it off. And congratulations to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too totally cute! And you look too totally lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great skirt! I am total maxi-dress/skirt lover, too :) They're perfect for Hawaiian summers!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so lovely in that outfit. Your parents are super cute.

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan