WIWS: Missing Makeup, Makeshift Muumuu, and Secondhand Chic

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gotta love sleeping in, except when it results in a rush to get ready!  Elizabeth and Mary Claire were both up to nurse at 6:15, so I took Elizabeth to bed to nurse and Andrew took Mary Claire.  Well, Elizabeth and I fell asleep and Mary Claire did NOT...
 
Fast forward to 7:30, and I finally wake up and get Elizabeth up to find out that Mary Claire has been up for more than an hour!
 
Now, the thing with twins is this:  It's all well and good to let one sleep in when they're not on any sort of nap schedule, but once they're on a regular schedule, you MUST wake the other twin within 30 minutes or so of the other, or schedules are ruined for the day!
 
So we'll see how today goes...  They both took almost nonexistent naps while I was at Mass with the big kids, so hopefully they'll take long-ish naps in the afternoon.  Except we'll probably have to wake them to go to the parish picnic this afternoon.  So...  Early bedtime?
 
Anyway, that late wake-up meant I had to rush to get breakfast ready and shower and get dressed by 8:15.  Hence the missing makeup and makeshift muumuu - no time to check the outfit in the mirror!
 
 
I do love pattern mixing but I don't really think it worked this time...
 
I was thankful for my veil this morning for entirely vain reasons...  The comb in our bathroom has disappeared, so I had to throw my hair up in a wet messy bun and the veil covered the tangles nicely!

 
Despite my outfit fail, John Paul and Cecilia were both pretty darned cute in their secondhand outfits - I love consignment stores and consignment sales for the kids!
 
Their Mass behavior was decent...  John Paul once again started getting very upset that he still doesn't get to receive communion.  And I reminded him that fussing about not receiving is a VERY clear sign that he's not ready for his first communion!
 
Cecilia saw a VERY large bug under the pew and started loudly exclaiming, "Dere's a bug in Mass!  Dere's a BUG in MASS!!!"
 
Sigh.
 
But you know, no fighting, no serious temper tantrums, so it could have been worse.
 
Have a blessed Sunday!  This post brought to you by a borrowed activity table that has been occupying all 4 children for the past 30 minutes...
 
Linking up with Fine Linen & Purple - check out more outfits there!

12 comments:

  1. I really like that blouse and that skirt...but I think you're right that they don't really go together. I think pattern mixing works best when the patterns are somewhat "related" (like stripes and stripes) or they contain the same color scheme so go together that way. John Paul and Ceclia look super cute as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My big rule is to mix the SIZE of the patterns - the stripes are big, so I usually mix them with small patterns and that works well. But the floral on that shirt is toooo big to work with the stripes, especially since it's a sheer shirt!

      Delete
  2. I love that maxi skirt! I have a similar one from White House Black Market. Also, consignment stores are the best. I got my daughter's dress from one in town, too. :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites! It's actually a dress from Forever 21, so I bought it for peanuts and wear it aaaaaaall the time!

      Delete
  3. If it makes you feel better Stan had to leave right after Communion last night because a certain little girl has throwing a huge fit. Being as this is the first time he's ever had to do that, I can only imagine how bad it was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Gotta love when it's so bad you just have to leave...

      Delete
  4. Hi there Rosie. You all look cute as buttons, as usual. Mixing stripes and prints is all the rage, it seem. It's tricky, tho, some combinations work, some don't. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely one that doesn't work! That shirt is perplexing me these days anyway - I think it's one that might need to be put away until the next time I'm pregnant, since it's so shapeless :P

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty sure I just bought the same dress for Sophia that Cecelia is wearing yesterday at a garage sale. I love cute consignment deals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the veil covering the "messy bun". Love the maxi-dress even if you felt like the top doesn't work with it. You look good in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygosh, John Paul would be SO excited to receive Communion!!! So I think Rosie and Andrew would not take him to one of those liturgies, because then he would whine all the more at his regular Mass. He'd probably talk about it during the rest of Mass, too. And Cecilia would feel left out.

    We had a youth choir Mass yesterday. Youth choir evidently means that our choir director goes crazy and pulls out all the stuff that is too syncopated and praise-and-worshippy for our hymnal. Oh, well, it was cool to see my husband's new pain doctor there—he just moved here and is doing absolutely wonderful things to get rid of pain that my husband has had for years! So praise God for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frances would totally love that outfit! ;P

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan