Rolling

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Here I was thinking that rolling was not a big deal - John Paul rolled for a while before crawling, but he never made it very far.  Cecilia, on the other hand...  Heck, she might as well be crawling - she can roll with PURPOSE.  Nothing is safe. 


The nice thing is, I can plop her on the floor with a line of toys and she'll mostly follow my lead.  The not so nice thing?  Anything else within a few inches of the floor are fair game.  Which means it's time to re-baby proof. 


And my hopes that she'd be content with this?  Today she got up on her hands and knees for a few seconds.  TOO FAST!  Why do babies feel the need to GO places? 



Thankfully she still loves playing in her crib, so that's a safe place to put her while I'm putting John Paul down for a nap.  Sure, she still rolls all over, but she's having fun practicing redirection by kicking off the bars.  Unfortunately, it's probably time to lower the mattress soon.  And the crib is becoming less of a place for sleep and more of a place for play...


It makes me glad that we decided to hold off on a coffee table for the living room.  Especially since her favorite thing to do in the basement is roll under the coffee table...



I think it might be time to put a fair amount of these toys away and just start rotating.  Fewer toys = fewer toys that John Paul can leave out for Cecilia to eat...

1 comment:

  1. Yay, a blog featuring Baby Cee-yah!

    Why should it surprise you that she is showing precocity in some area? Determination. Hmmmmm -- she couldn't have gotten that from her mom, could she? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan