Toy obsession

Thursday, July 21, 2011

John Paul got a toy for his birthday that he is OBSESSED with.  It's my fault, I picked it out.  But... 

It is loud.  Very loud.  And he just presses the buttons over and over again.  And if he can't find it, he freaks out whining, "New dwawin' TOOOOY" over and over again, getting more and more high-pitched.  Even if it's on the floor in front of him and he is just happening not to look down.

Needless to say, this makes naptime difficult.  Yesterday I had him put the toy down for a nap on the couch, but he wasn't totally having it.  So today while he whined about new drawing toy, I asked him if he wanted new drawing toy to take a nap. 

He went silent.  He took it over to the couch and laid it down, waiting expectantly for a blanket.


Be very quiet.  New drawing toy is taking a nap.

And he went upstairs with no problem after that.  This is a trick I would expect to work with dolls or stuffed toys.  An electronic letter toy?  Apparently it needs a nap, too...

1 comment:

  1. But John Paul doesn't get tucked in under a blanket. Why should New Drawing Toy get that privilege?

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan